I guess I’m not much of a blogger since it’s been such a long time since I last wrote. I’ve been pretty busy, though, with what--I’m not sure. That’s the nice thing about retirement. What you don’t get done one day, you can do the next.
I do have some exciting news. My Thoroughbred, Major, won Novice Horse of the Year for 2008. Kelli, his rider, won Novice Rider of the Year and High Point Rider. Kelli and I were really excited about the honors and Major seemed to be pleased with himself. When the weather gets better, my husband promises to take a picture of Kelli, Major and me, which I will post on my blog.
A week ago, we took my horses to a different barn, which is just two miles from where I used to stable them. We are going to concentrate on dressage this year with Major and the new barn focuses on that. Change is always difficult, but I think we will all like the new barn really well once we get used to it.
I am excited to report that I have lost forty pounds since the middle of January. I did the HCG diet for forty days then switched to a protein based new diet. I feel one hundred percent better and love the feel of my loose pants. I’m sure Gypsy will appreciate my weight loss too when I get back to riding her again.
Along those same lines, I have been going to Denise Higgison, a lady I met at the current barn who specializes in a new type of structural energetic therapy. More on this later. It sounds like it may be really beneficial to anyone who wants to feel better and stronger. I went to the first session with a sore shoulder and came away feeling practically normal. I told her that with me her work is really cut out for her. Amazingly, it didn’t scare her off.
I had eye surgery last Friday. There was a film that had settled over my retina. When the doctor got in there, he discovered that I had two tears in my retina as well. I guess it was fortunate that I had the operation. This is the same eye that was operated on twenty years ago because of a detached retina.
My horse, Midnight, continues to do well at Best Friends. He is still with the same buddies, Rocky and Belle. I plan of visiting this summer.
My new book, Depth of Deceit, is coming along great. I sent my editor the first twenty chapters and will forward the last four in a week or so after I complete their final rewrite.
My favorite movies right now are New in Town, Confessions of a Shopaholic and Taken. I just finished Sandra Grey’s new novel, Tribunal, and loved it.
Well, that’s all for now. Maybe next time I’ll have some pictures to attach.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Betty ~ The website and blog are great! Glad to have the link again. Thanks. Give our love to everyone ~ SandyKay
Betty,
You may not remember me, I'm Heather, I met you recently with Anna at the stables. I ride Gypsy when I do lessons...I love her. Love.
We took a few pictures the other day with her and Anna mentioned that you might want them so I thought I would offer to pass them along if you want.
Thanks so much for letting me ride Gypsy, she's a gem and has helped me learn a great deal.
Post a Comment